We have had some major milestones the last two weeks or so. To begin with, Bill has finally been able to feel the baby move. I have felt him move for the last 5 weeks or so, but not until last week could Bill feel it. Bill had his hand on my stomach and the baby either kicked or punched at his hand. Either the baby does not like Bill to touch me or they are beginning their male bonding. Then this last Sunday, I was laying on my in-law's couch and the baby began moving around like crazy. I looked at my stomach and it was rolling and moving, which was quite the sight to see. This went on for at least 5 minutes or so. He is also getting much stronger with his movements. I am beginning to feel them more frequently and usually when I want to rest.
I also had a doctor's appointment on Monday. All of the measurements from my ultrasound were good, with no visible issues at this time. We also had the baby tested for downs syndrome and that came back negative. So far so good. The baby's heartbeat was strong, but as usual it was not all that easy for the Doctor to get the heartbeat. Every time she put the device on my stomach and got his heartbeat, he would kick at her. She said we are going to have our hands full with this one. With how active he is now, I just wonder what it is going to be like once he is born. In short, everything looks good so far. I am 2 weeks away from my safety zone (the earliest the baby can be born and still have a chance of survival). The closer we get to that point, the more relaxed and confident I get with this pregnancy.
Oh and sorry to those of you who would like to see my belly growth. I ran out of room on my camera's memory card and have not purchased a new one yet. I will hopefully get a picture posted in a couple of weeks or so. Until next time...
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment