Carter has discovered how to get out of his crib. We used to have his room set up with a rocking chair and over sized chair on either side of his crib. Well we found out that he was diving head first into one of the chairs to get out. Bill was afraid Carter was going to break his neck so we had to rearrange things. There is no longer a chair near his crib, but somehow Carter was still getting out. We decided to put him back in and watch what he does to get out. Here is video of how he escapes now (plus a little extra):
I give up! I have tried to upload this video a million times and it keeps coming back with an error. I guess I will just have to discribe what he does. Carter goes to the end of his crib, swings one leg over and then the other leg. While grasping onto the side railing, he extends his body as far as he can and then releases his hands. He is getting tall enough that when he extends, his toes are touching the floor. It is much funnier to watch though. He is so fluid when he does it.
On top of learning how to get out of his crib, Carter also learned how to open doors. We figured this out when one morning he came into our room (Bill was already at work) and touched my hand. I was sound asleep when he did this so it gave me quite a shock. Needless to say, we now have doorknob covers on a few doors.
So I have always wondered how other people's kids could just fall asleep wherever. Carter was never one to just conk out in the middle of an activity. The weirdest location he ever fell asleep was his carseat. Well that has all changed in the last month or so. He is progressively getting weirder and weirder.
Again, having issues loading pictures. I did have another rocking chair picture to load and one of him asleep behind the oversized chair in his room (that was the best one). Maybe one day this stupid site will let me load them.
The last couple are of him in the rocking chair in his room. They were taken after we had put him to bed. I guess his crib is no longer comfortable and he is seeking a restful place elsewhere. Crazy kid!
Well I hope to be able to sum up the last 2 years in the next post or two. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment