So I know it has been quite awhile since I last wrote on here. It doesn't help that I don't have the internet at home so I have to try and update this at work. Well a lot has happened since July, lets see if I can get everyone caught up.
Bill has been having some trouble healthwise the last couple of months. If you don't know, he has to chew his food to death just so he can swallow it. He has a history of choking if he doesn't pulverize the food. Well one night he was eating cereal and began to choke on it. WARNING!!!! Graffic content... to dislodge the food he forces himself to throw up. Anyway, after he threw up, he still struggled to drink water. This lasted for a couple of days before he decided he needed to be seen for it. Bill came into the doctor's office and was given various Rxs to see if they would help. They thought he might have a bad case of acid reflux, but after speaking with a specialist, they wanted him to get his throat scoped. So Bill went in, low and behold, they found an almond sliver lodged in his throat. They also found that his throat was the size of a straw. Most people's throats are 2cm (or 20mm) and Bill's was 3-4mm. Pretty much the size of a 2 yr old's throat. So he was given some medication to help "open up" his throat and also had his throat stretched. We go back in to have his throat looked at in a couple of weeks. Fingers-crossed the meds work and his throat has reached 8-10mm (the celebration size).
We also have a new addition to our family. He was born on July 30, 2009 with brown curly hair and blue eyes. His name is Bodee and he is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever (had ya fooled, didn't I?). He and Mick act just like brothers. One minute they are cuddling up to each other and the next they are wrestling around and fighting. Bodee has been a fun addition to our little family. He has quite the personality and just loves to be loved.

Our house is slowly coming together. I haven't done much painting since May so some of our walls are still multi-colored. I have finally hung some things on the walls so they are not quite a bare as they were. Give me another year or so and I might get the hallway done.
Anyway, I think that is enough for now. I will try to be better about updating this more often, but I make no promises. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment