This weekend was Stake Conference and the theme was "Count Your Blessings". I was inspired by some of the talks to do just that. I have been so focused on what is going on wrong in my life, that I have forgotten to be grateful for all that is going right. My goal is to write down ten things I am grateful for each day for the next ten days. That means I am going to list a total of 100 things I am grateful for. Now these are in no particular order, here we go:
1. My husband, who has put up with me through my crazy emotional roller coaster, especially as of late, and his desire to cook Sunday dinner when it is sunny outside
2. My dogs who make me laugh at least once a day and are there for me to smother to death as if they were my own flesh and blood
3. My parents who have been such an example to me for the past 29+ years
4. My siblings, their spouses (if they have them), and their children for being there when I need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen or just there to make me laugh and they remind me why families are so important
5. Flowers growing in the most random places because beauty can be found anywhere if we only open our eyes to see it
6. The Priesthood and the blessings that are administered through it, allowing me to find comfort in some of my darkest hours
7. The words "I love you" because in those three simple words, a whole world of emotion is carried
8. The Gospel of Jesus Christ because it is a guiding light and a beacon of hope in a world of chaos and confusion
9. A job because while so many out there are struggling to find one and make ends meat, Bill and I are able to have a steady income and pay our bills
10. Paying tithing, I know that if Bill and I did not pay tithing we would not be able to enjoy our life the way we do
Until next time...
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is a great list!! i'm thankful for you!
ReplyDelete