Next was to tell the family. On the day of our sealing Bill and I decided to tell our moms first, as an early Mother's Day present. We had gotten some pink and blue M&M's that said "Boy or Girl", "Girl or Boy". They too were not sure we were saying what they thought we were saying, but once again they were right.
Okay now to the present day. I had my first appointment today, which means the first ultrasound. It was confirmed that I do have a bicornuate uterus and the baby is growing on one side of the uterus. They also saw a gestational sac on the other side of my uterus. This can mean 2 things: I either had an early miscarriage or I could be pregnant with twins who were conceived at different times! Now I go back in 2 weeks to have another ultrasound done to further determine what it could be. Either the sac will be reabsorbed, my body will pass the sac out or there will be another embryo growing. Only time will tell.
As for the baby that is growing, everything looks great and we are on track for a December 25th due date. That's right, Christmas day! The heart was beating good and its little nubbins are growing.

Karin,
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So exciting! I am due Sept 6th. Isn't being pregnant awesome? :) Take care of you!
Emily
Congratulations to both of you! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you! I know it must feel like a total whirlwind with the news from your scan too, but hopefully your next scan will make everything a lot clearer for you. What precious scan pictures too, it is so wonderful seeing that little heartbeat for the first time.
ReplyDelete